Mr. Benjamin Cherian, Managing TrusteeAcademic Details:
- Diploma in International Marketing, Harvard University
- CA from Institute of Chartered accountant of India
- B.Com Loyola College
- Started his career in Hindustan Lever. Currently the Chairman of Raj Global Holdings which includes
- Raj Hair International - 100% Export Orient Unit
- Raj Waterscape Properties Pvt Ltd
- Boys Town Society at Gumminipundi and Selaiyur
- Renovation of Temple Tank
- AKASH GANGA - a trust for Rain Water Harvesting
- Chennai Marathon
- Free computer to corporation and panchayat Schools
- Schools Into Smiles Project – Renovation of 100 Panchayat and Corporation Schools
- Attended many Rotary International conventions and Presidential conference all over the world
- Very actively participated in Tsunami Relief Operations in RI District 3230 and other Districts and continues to do so.
- Treasurer for National committee for Solidarity in South Asia Fund formed for Tsunami Relief
- Secretary (2005-2008)- Rotary New Trust, who publish the 'Rotary News' Magazine in India
- Rotary Club of Fareham Meon (U K) conferred him with a honorary membership (2004-05)
- Recipient of the "Service above Self Award" from Rotary International (2006-07).
MRS. Valsa Benjamin Cherian,DirectorEducational Qualification:
- M. Sc. Chemistry
- Worked in North Madras Government College for 2 years.
- Currently working as HR Director of Raj Holdings.
- Served as a Chairman of Barbara Kelly Home, a home for single parent girls for underprivileged community for 8 Years (2000 – 2004 & 2008 -2011).
- 1999-2000 served as President of Inner Wheel Club of Madras.
- During my Presidential year, conducted fundraising Musical Event and built Vocational Training Centre in Barbara Kelly Home. It was inaugurated by Ms. Barbara Kelly from UK.
- Fixed play equipments in the Barbara Kelly home. Took Barbara Kelly Home children for a Joy ride in Jet Airways.
- Initiated Scholarship project in the Inner Wheel Club in the year 2000 and still continue to distribute scholarship to 30 students from 7 Schools, with the interest of corpus created.
- Member of YWCA of Madras for more than 20 years and served in various committees of YWCA.
- 2011-2013 served as President of YWCA of Madras.
- Instrumental in starting the Community College in YWCA of Madras, which has empowered more than 1,700 girls in the last 16 years and I was the founder Chairman of the Community College Committee and served as Chairman for 4 years, organized the fundraising Musical Events few times.
- Served as Special Project convenor in the YWCA of Madras, and constructed additional classrooms for Community College.
Mr. George B Cherian, TrusteeGeorge B. Cherian is a dynamic leader who has consistently excelled in all his professional, social and personal endeavors. He has a qualification of MBA - Masters in International Business from Monash University, Melbourne Australia & B. Com - Bachelor of Commerce from Loyola College, Chennai. He is the Managing Director of Raj Hair International Private Limited a first hair company to have an ISO 9001:2008 Certification from TUV SUD South Asia Private Limited. He is also the Managing Director of RAJ WATERSCAPE PROPERTIES P. LTD which provides end-to-end solutions for all property related matters, particularly development of luxury villas, apartments and residential plots. OTHER POSITIONS HELD: YOUTH SERVICE DIRECTOR AT RCM, 2005 – 2007 CHAIRMAN – VISION COMMITTEE (CREATE PROJECT), 2008 – 2009 YOUNGEST PRESIDENT – ROTARY CLUB OF MADRAS, 2009 – 10 He is the founding President of the Australian Alumni Association (AAA), India which serves as a platform to support Indian students to study in Australia. He was the Chairman, Madras Midtown Round Table – 42 for the year 2014 – 15. Through various fund raising programmes he successfully raised Rs. 1.45crs and constructed 18 classrooms in Government Higher Secondary School, Pallikarani. AWARDS RECEIVED: He is recipient of ‘The Golden Apple Award’ (2013-14) given by Rotaract Club of Chennai and ‘Icon of Rotaract Award’ given by District Rotaract Council 10-11 – Rotary International District 3230 at the Annual District Rotaract Conference.
Mrs. Sara Benjamin Cherian, Trustee
Ms. Sara Benjamin Cherian heads the domestic retail business at B&H exports wherein she develops and markets hair and hair care products for their international and domestic clients.
She holds a Masters in International Business from Bordeaux Business School, France.
Sara serves as a a trustee on the Board of The Cherian Foundation and spear heads the “Gift Hair, Gift Confidence”
She has also served on the board of other organsiations such as the YWCA and Ladies Circle At the YWCA (Young Women’s Christian Association). She has served as chairperson of the YWCA Community College and then as the Vice-President of the YWCA . She has also been an avid Circler and part of the advisory board of LC India.
Mrs. Karina George Cherian, TrusteeAcademic Details:
- B.A Economics and Commerce – St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- P G Diploma in Professional Photography and Digital Imaging – Shari Academy, Mumbai
- Branding and Communication Director at Raj Hair Intl. Pvt. Ltd.
- Commercial photographer, Bombay (2006-2012)