The Cherian Foundation is a private charitable trust established in 2003 and registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, with its registered office at 38, Melony Road, T-Nagar, Chennai – 600017(hereinafter referred to as the “TCF”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” and terms of similar meaning).
To access Our Platform and contribute to Our Charity Programmes You may be required to provide certain personal, non-personal and other information, as indicated below (such information and correspondences hereinafter collectively referred to as “Information”):
- Personal Information: In order for You to access Our Platform and contribute to certain Charity Programmes, We may require You to provide Personal Information. “Personal Information” shall mean information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable. Personal Information may be freely provided by the You, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when contributing to the Charity Programmes. Details on each type of Personal Information collected are provided hereunder or by specific explanation texts displayed prior to such Personal Information collection. Personal Information shall also include the following categories of information: (i) Contact Data (such as Your e-mail address, phone number and account details and password); (ii) Demographic Data (such as Your gender, Your date of birth, nationality, zip code); (iii) Details of consents (records of consents given with the date and time and other relevant information) and (iv) mode of payment and other payment information towards any donation (as maybe applicable). Please note that the above list is not an exhaustive list and is only an illustrative list.
- Non-Personal Information: During Your participation in any of Our Charity Programmes, we may collect certain non-personal information such as Your internet protocol address, operating system information, browser type and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify You personally.
- Automatic Information: We may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to understand Your individual interests. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on Your computer that enables Us to recognize You when You visit Our Platform, store your preferences and settings, enhance Your experience by delivering content and advertising specific to Your interests, perform research and analytics, track Your use of Our Platform, and assist with security and administrative functions. These server logs may include information such as Your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request, Your visits to, and interaction and the participation in the Charity Programmes and ads on third party platforms, applications, platforms and other media channels, log files, web beacons (tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage, an online ad or email, and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers) and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser.
- Mobile: When You participate in Our Charity Programmes through Your mobile, We may receive information about Your location and Your mobile device, including a unique identifier number for Your device. We may use this information to provide You with suggestions in respect of Charity Programmes near You if required.
- User communications: When You send emails or other communications to Us, We may retain those communications in order to process Your inquiries and respond to Your requests.
Caution for Children: TCF does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If You are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through Our Charity Programmes without the consent and guidance of Your parent/legal guardian. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to ensure no Personal Information is provided through our Charity Programmes. If You have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to Us through the Charity Programmes, please contact Us and We will endeavour to delete that information and terminate the child’s details from Our databases.
We will collect Your Personal Information when You telephone, email or write to Us. When You interact with Us through Your computer, Our Website does record certain non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to Our Websites. We will also collect Your personal information if You place an order, enter a volunteer or suggestion page, make a donation, report a problem with Our Website, participate in social media functions on Our Website or participate in Our Charity Programmes.
We may use the Information We collect from You and about You in any one or more of the following manner:
- To process, fulfil Your request for participating in the Charity Programmes;
- To diagnose technical problems to the Platform;
- To make public announcement and report any of the Charity Programmes on social media forums;
- To contact You including to send You communications that You have requested or that may be of interest to You by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication;
- Provide You with policies about our Platform;
- Notify You about changes to our Charity Programmes;
- Allow You to participate in interactive features offered through Our Charity Programmes;
- In any other way We may describe when You provide the Information;
- To avoid fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- For any other purpose with Your express consent.
You agree and undertake that in the event that You provide Your express consent for allowing the use of Your Personal Information including Your name photo, name and other for Information for Our public announcements regarding any of Our Charity Programmes, We shall have the right to use Your Information for the purpose of reporting such Charity Programmes in Our public announcement and on social media forums.
- To share Your Personal Information with Our search engine providers so they can assist with the improvement of Our Platform.
- Share Information to other entities within the TCF group, for legitimate purposes involved in conducting the primary objectives and other day-to-day activities of TCF (including conduct of the Charity Programmes), in accordance with applicable law;
- Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation, for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- Outside professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, or lawyers), subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- Any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; and
- Additionally, in the event of an audit, sale, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), We may share/transfer/assign the Information We have collected to the relevant third party.
We use reasonable security measures to protect Information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and help ensure the appropriate use/disclosure of Information. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We host the Platform in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders and our email services have the most advanced security infrastructures. It protects Personal Information with multiple layers of security, including leading encryption technology like HTTPS and Transport Layer Security. However please note that You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of Your account, user ids and passwords while accessing the Platform and the Charity Programmes. If We receive affirmative instructions in relation to using Your user name and password, We will consider that You have affirmatively consented to and authorized such instructions.
In the event that We collect Your debit or credit card information, we will additionally utilize software to encrypt Your debit or credit card information You input. Despite use of these safeguards, there are inherent risks in transmission of electronic information. We cannot guarantee and do not represent that Your Information will always be secure from unauthorized access.
We also may use a managed hosting provider and/or other subcontractors to assist Us with the provision and maintenance of Our Platform. If We do,We will impose on such provider confidentiality obligations for the treatment of information.
When You sign up to our Charity Programmes, You are opting in to receive emails from TCF. We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the Personal Information that You provide to Us and any subsequent updates. As a User, You have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer Your Personal Information that We hold.
In the event You are an User in EU or EEA, You will be asked to provide clear and affirmative consent to the collection, processing, and sharing of Your Personal Information, subject to withdrawal of Your consent at any time on request. Under the GDPR, EU/EEA residents have the following rights:
- To know the purpose to process the Personal Information.
- To know the status of Personal Information processed.
- Access the Personal Information that is processed.
- To get erased or rectified the Personal Information.
- Restrict the processing of the Personal Information.
- Data portability of the Personal Information provided in respect of the Charity Programmes.
- Opt-out option from processing the Personal Information(unless TCF has otherwise compelling legitimate grounds)
The abovementioned rights can be exercised by EU/EEA residents by contacting us at [●].
If any of the personal information You have given Us changes, please let Us know by contacting Us on 044 4040 4444 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or You can write to Us at Our address: The Cherian Foundation, 38, Malony Road, T. Nagar, Chennai – 600 017.We may also contact You from time-to-time to check that the information We have about you is correct.